Saturday, August 11, 2012

MY WORLD.
A few weeks ago I went to a parade where I took this picture.  I was only taking it because of the Mustang club, my oldest son loves Mustangs and he didn't go to the parade with me.  It wasn't until I got home that I saw the liscense plate on the car. 





It bothered me at the time, but has continued to stay at the back of my mind. I have run in to way too many situations lately that seem to glorify this attitude in our culture.   I am not criticizing this person as I don't even know who owns this car and I know nothing else of this persons wants, needs, hopes or desires.  I have no problem with having a hobby that you enjoy and are proud of, I have several of those, but to say they were my world?  This has made me spend a lot of time in thought about the subject. 

I have been told that my world is not fun, not interesting, and very old fashioned, and out of sync with either the world around me, or where my world SHOULD be.   and actually I am sure that those statements are very true in some sense,  but thats ok. 

It may be a lot, I'm never very still and quiet for some .... and  kind of  boring to some who look at my world from the outside in.. but THIS  is MY WORLD.  Cant get any better no matter how much money you have to spend, or how many toys you have, or where you get to travel to, or anything else in my estimation.. Everything I need, in my world, is the family around me. 





























Because of something that happened in our lives a number of years ago, I learned NEVER EVER to say the words, "I would give anything for.......... "  or "I would trade anything for........."

 Because......... I wouldn't.

1 comment:

  1. I think your world is pretty special! I love all the photos~you all look like you had so much fun.

    And-I am glad I know you!

    ReplyDelete