Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Today in History. 3/22/16

For months now people have kept asking me 'how this empty nest thing is."  I have had no answer to that until today.  Well, I honestly still don't have an answer either but today is the day I consider that we have started that phase of life at least somewhat. 

Spring break is over, and Malachi is back at school to finish his first semester,  Sam left last night for his 2nd weeks run of his new career.  4-5 weeks of training and then into his own truck.  Jonathan is back on the road for a few days.  So, tonight, here I sit, just me and the 4 dogs.  Three of them are laying under the table keeping my feed warm. 

Decisions, decisions, decisions for me.  Do I concentrate on reviewing the Bible Study I am teaching tomorrow night, do I go back to the office to try to finish getting things ready for our accountant to do our taxes, do I work on the tax stuff here at home, or do I go start packing up the kitchen that I need to get packed so I can start remodeling it and get a new kitchen sink in.  The world is big and open and out there with all those grand choices to make. 

Bible study and one cabinet packed up I think will be the idea for the evening. 

This is what I miss most about my boys, or young men they really are.  We talk.  Deep, thought provoking, eternal thoughts are brought up and discussed every day.  With both of them leaving on the same day I have kind of gone in to talking withdrawl. 

Sammy boy was asked a question one time when he was just 6 years old.  I asked him if he thought about things in school that maybe he wasn't supposed to be thinking about at that time.  His answer to me explains so much for both of my young men as well as myself.  "Yes, Mom, I guess I think about things that no one else is interested in, and sometimes, my brain thinks so much it totally isolates me.

I spend a lot of time feeling isolated.   

No comments:

Post a Comment