Saturday, February 23, 2013

Things to get done.

A while back, I decided that it was very important to pull the carpet out of my bedroom.  There were several reasons for doing this.  One reason was that the carpet was original to this room from the mid 1970's and this room was used primarily for storage for many years so the carpet had more dirt and dust in it than could be gotten out.  It was also very dated.  The biggest reason however is that it has been imperative is to get the dust and dirt out of my bedroom for my husbands health.  Getting the carpet out was a large task for me and I was happy to have the help of several family members to get it done.  However, we have lived with bare plywood for the floor for a while now. 
I am not good with deciding for instance, what color and what type of flooring to put in this room as I am not good at visualizing things like this.  What if my husband doesn't like it, what if I don't like it.  It is a big room, the cost is a major factor.  Decisions like this tend to paralyze me.  But I closed my eyes, and pointed. 



We have slowly begun the process of replacing the flooring.  It is going slow going as my husband works shift work and right now we are on opposite shifts and his days of have been, well, not days off.  As the job progresses, I hopefully will continue to add photographs.  Once the two closets get done, I believe it will go faster especially if we can move the furniture out to the back yard and just slam in to it for a day.  Wish us luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment