Thursday, November 7, 2013

November 6. Opposites Attract

I am grateful that opposites attract.
When couples get together many times its because of some traits in the other person that seems fun and quirky.   After a period of time, those same quirks may become irksome as they are DIFFERENT...  yes, ma'am those were the things that attracted you in the first place... don't forget that. 
So today, after more than 20 years of marriage its still good to remember the early days.
Last night we had enchiladas and peach cobbler for dinner.  If I had had any idea that this was going to happen I would have taken pictures. 
Let us start by explaining that I am much more of a "food not touching" kind of person.  I don't like a lot of additions to my food such as sauces and such.  Been a "thing" our whole marriage.  So, when my loving husband was torn by the question, "do I want more enchiladas, or am I ready for peach cobbler?" I should have seen it coming.  hahahaha

Before I knew it he had his bowl of peach cobbler and was spooning Old El Paso Mild Red Enchilada Sauce over it.   The look of excitement on his face as he ate it was like a kid in a candy store. 

My question is,  does that count as an extra helping of dinner, or is it still dessert?  

No comments:

Post a Comment