Saturday, November 2, 2013

New 30 days of gratitude. 2013

Starting off a day late as usual in my 30 days of Gratitude.  That doesn't mean that I am less grateful.  Sometimes it just means that I am too busy and should slow down and think.  In the last 12 months we have had some major changes. Our roller coaster ride began by being around for the birth of   two more nephews into the world in January and February, each named after his grandfather. Coasting a while brought us to May where on the same day we were there when another of the kiddos perservered through and got her college degree, and the very same day, saw the next in line graduate from high school.  Went to California again with the youngest to compete in his Bible Quizzing and watched him preach for reals at 16 years of age.  Still not sure where he is going in all of this but it is going to be an amazing ride. So, after those twists and drops,  we coasted again as  we began thinking about Jonathans retirement plans  What to do, what to do. September would give him 25 years in the Border Patrol, but financially January made more sense tax wise, we were told.  So, after all the thought over those two options, beginning of August,  we decided that  the obvious thing to do was make his retirement date should be August 10th so we could "retire" in the standard and much done way of purchasing a trucking company of our own, to do something we neither one knew absolutely anything about doing.  Hauling fuel.  And over the top of the big drop and loop d loop we have gone since we actually signed the papers to make it officially ours on September 21, 2013.  It was the beginning of HS&D Transport Services.   Since that day, things have been very busy,but the point of my whole story here is that I want to start my 30 days of gratitude with the biggest thing I am thankful for.  I could not have gotten through the last year, the last 3 years, the last 10 years or any other day of my life with out God.  I honestly don't know how people who don't have that get out of bed in the morning.  I am so very grateful to know that there is something bigger than me watching over me and guiding me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment