Thursday, November 8, 2012

Gratitude Day 4 and 5

Today, I have to say I am thankful for the Federal Government.  Dont EVEN START!!!!! It's MY blog, so I get to be thankful for what I want and in ways you don't understand. 

     I am thankful for the federal government because it brought me my husband.  If you want to hear a funny story sometime, ask.  Our relationship began on a strange note and I can honestly say hasnt gotten much less strange over the years.  I say I am thankful to the federal government, because that was who he had gone to work for to fall into my lap.  He came from deepest, darkest, south Texas to my little home town here in New Mexico for a job.  When he was hired on, and was given his first assignment, he had to find a map to even know where he was being sent.  So, while the papers he had in his hand with his assignment on it said the agency he was working for, Truly I say, it was becuase of a talk that I had with God that brought him to me. 

     He came in to my life to get involved with my messed up extended family, my two beautiful little girls, and all sorts of other challenges in life that he never saw coming.  For going on 22 years, he has hung in there with me through a whole lot of strangeness that many other men would have run from.  Heck, there are days *I* want to run from it all.  But, he has not wavered in his love for me and mine, his committment to me and mine, and his protection of all of us. 
     He has spent many many over time hours making sure that not only his family was cared for, but our community as well, and those he works for and with.  I can go on and on and on about my love and respect for him and all he does but I will get back to my original thanks......... So, Im also going to call this my day 5 entry.  I will get back to more of my husband at a later time.

So of all the places in the country he could have been sent, his assignment was this podunk little town.   And I am thankful that not long after he got here and went to work, The agency he works for stopped randomly moving people around to fit the needs of the agency so they have never forced me to move away from my home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment