Monday, November 12, 2012

Gratitude day 8 Taste

I read somewhere a list of possible things that we forget to be thankful for.  One of them was for your sense of taste.  I thought about that for a while and I realized that yes.  I am very thankful for my sense of taste and for the sense of taste of those around me.  I love to cook, and bake and make candy.  I love to taste my food.  I love the taste even of brussel sprouts,  chicken liver and chocolate fudge.  (Not all together silly) 
I love to cook for my family and anyone else.  There was a story once when we had just moved to the mountain.  One day, my kids were in 5th and 3rd grade and they were playing in the yard.  There were two girls who lived in the apartments behind us.  They had 2 friends over, who went on to become my oldests best friends.  When the boys were getting ready to leave, to go home, I told them that they were welcome to come over any time to hang out with the kids.  One of the girls, from behind us, spoke up and told them, Yeah, you can come over here and play any time, AND she has so many kids that sometimes she will even FEED YOU, and I dont think she EVEN KNOWS IT!!!  
What she didnt know was, I just love to feed people. 
The best part of feeding.. is taste.  

No comments:

Post a Comment